Pages

Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Houdini R&D: Gaia Scatter

Hi folks !

Here is a small R&D project I've been working on: Gaia Scatter. It's a toolset made of few digital assets driven by a Python interface which helps you to scatter objects on a terrain.
It allows you to have the flexibility of painting combined with the power of procedural rules.

As it's asset-based you still have a full control on what's going on. No black box here.

As said, it's still WIP / R&D and I'll test more features soon such as LOD system according to the position of the camera, variation in shaders, dynamic object layers, etc... I'll post updates of the tool here.

In the meantime, you can find the first video on my vimeo account as well as the source code / digital assets on my github ( not very commented yet tho ... ).